Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gathered Clutch Wallet

I loved gathered fabrics. They add a feminine flare without being too over the top, still having a lot of depth and interest. I also really love clutches, but sometimes find myself wanting more than just 1 pocket. This is a beautiful, simplistic design that I have been thinking about making for months and finally found the perfect fabric I had in mind for my first one. What do you think?
I gave my first one to someone who I thought would want a functional interior design, so this is more of a wallet on the inside including places for credit cards, cash, etc. On the bottom flap I could also include a checkbook insert if that is something you are looking for. This also includes a magnetic snap enclosure and reinforced stabilizer inside so the clutch is strong and will keep it's shape. 


 I will be making another one soon with full enclosure on the sides instead of a fold out wallet. Do you prefer the clutch with attached sides like a coin purse, or a wallet style interior?

Thanks for checking out the products of our stitching addiction! Check us out at our etsy site here.

6 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this! Simply divine! I love the idea of a wallet personally, but I could see the other working too. It's hard for me to find a wallet that is both cute and functional, so for me, this would be perfect! You have quite a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waiver between wanting it to open all the way and wanting to put my coins somewhere. It is adorable and super functional! A checkbook pocket would be great just to make that portion functional too. I personally would want somewhere to stuff receipts that's separate than my money. Is there a loop for the wrist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your input! It gives me an idea of what to do for my next ones, too, and hopefully I can build a market for both! Sara, this doesn't have a wristlet strap but my next purse will have a detachable one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am continuously invstigating online for ideas that can help me. Thx!
    Mizuno MX-200 Gap Wedge GW IS4 Stiff Forged MX200 NEW

    ReplyDelete